Giving customers an immersive and interactive experience can be a game changer in your e-commerce. One way to do that is by implementing new technology in it. And one method to do this is to create 3D virtual objects for your products.
This allows customers to view the product from various perspectives, explore its features, and make a more informed purchase decision. This article will cover how to create 3D objects for your e-commerce, their benefits, and where to use them.
How can you create a 3D object?
There are different methods to create a virtual 3D product, and if you are interested in knowing more about them, you can see this article. Meanwhile, we can see how you can create your 3D product alone (almost).
- Choose the Object: Let’s start simple. Choose the first product that you want to render. For example, a piece of jewelry, a shoe, or a bag could make excellent 3D objects.
- Choose the right app. What do we mean? Some applications allow you to create 3D objects by taking photos or videos. Two of these apps are Polycam and Luma AI. These apps use Artificial Intelligence to create the object.
- Take Photos or a Video: After setting up your space, take pictures or videos of the object from various angles. The app you chose will render the images and create the 3D object for you. It would be best if you used a high-quality smartphone camera and lighting setup to achieve the best results.
- Use Software: if the 3D product doesn’t come as you wish, edit the 3D model. How? You can edit your 3D object using Blender, Autodesk, or SketchUp. Of course, this requires you to have a few skills in it. Elsewhere you can hire a freelancer that does this for you.
In the beginning, it could seem complex, but don’t worry. Once you start, it’s elementary and will require patience. In the end, you are wondering, why should I do that? What are the benefits?
Let’s explore them.
What are The Benefits of Using 3D Objects in your E-commerce?
Using 3D objects can provide numerous benefits to your e-commerce business:
- To begin with, it can improve the user experience by enabling customers to interact with the product in 3D. This can increase customer engagement and keep them on your website for longer.
- Second, 3D objects allow for a more accurate representation of the product. Customers can see how the product appears in person and get a better understanding of its features.
- Finally, employing 3D objects can provide you with a competitive advantage over your competitors. It demonstrates your willingness to invest in technology to provide a better customer experience.
These are great reasons to use 3D objects, but the benefits aren’t just that. If we tell you that you can use these objects in other ways, will you wait for more to implement them?
Where Should 3D Items Be Used?
Using 3D objects on your e-commerce can be very good for your metrics. But there are other places where you can use them. For example, you can use it on social media, advertising, metaverse, and Augmented Reality.
Customers can have an interactive and immersive product experience with your brand.
Additionally, using 3D objects for Augmented Reality can give your customers an even more immersive experience. With this last implementation, you can evolve your e-commerce to the next technology step.
As a result, it will help your customer brand loyalty, dropout and return rates, and sales. Are you curious to know more and have more examples and insights about it?
You can contact us or download our paper for free. Don’t lose this great opportunity to be ahead of your competitors; don’t be afraid to experiment with this cutting-edge technology to make your company stand out.