Is your online store losing customers before they check out? You’re not alone. The dropout is a big issue for all online shops, even your competitors.
In today’s world, online stores face a big problem: not enough sales. There are many reasons why people leave their shopping carts when they’re almost done buying.
What can you do to keep more customers? Before we dive into solutions, let’s talk about why this is happening to you.
So, get comfy and pay close attention as you read this article!
Dropout rates: What makes people leave before buying?
Even though online shopping has grown a lot lately, many online stores still have a big problem. They lose customers before they can make a sale. This can really hurt how much money they make.
That’s why it’s super important to know why this happens. We can fix it by looking at old and new ways of running an online store.
Why Do People Leave Before Buying?
Let’s look at some big reasons people leave.
- Website Look: If your website is messy or hard to use, people will leave. A study by Baymard Institute says 48% of people leave their carts because of this.
- Hard to pay: Salesforce says that if paying is confusing, people will leave. In fact, 69% of people say this is why they didn’t buy.
- Can I Trust This?: How your website looks and how you make money can make people wonder if they can trust you.
- Customer Service: Another study by Salesforce says 35% of people leave because there’s no one to help them. They can’t get answers about what they’re buying.
- Poor product info: If people can’t understand what you’re selling, they’ll leave. 40% of people leave if they can’t find good info about a product. Bad info can be things like unclear descriptions, wrong details, or tricky pictures. This can make people not sure about buying and might make them return things or give bad reviews.
Common Strategies to Reduce Cart Abandonment
- Give Discounts: If you offer special deals or lower prices, people are more likely to buy from you.
- Show You’re Trustworthy: Use safe ways to pay, show security badges, and let people see good reviews. This makes shoppers feel safe and less likely to leave.
- Make Checkout Easy: Make it simple for people to pay. Use easy steps and clear directions so they can finish buying without any trouble.
The best way to get more sales and keep people from leaving is to make your e-commerce better to use.
Yes, you should make paying easier, make your website look good, and more. But also, keep up with new ways to sell things online. Knowing the latest tech can make your store better and keep people from leaving, especially if you make shopping feel special just for them.
If you make shopping feel special for each person, they’re more likely to buy from you. In fact, this can make people 72% less likely to leave without buying.
How to reduce dropout rates? A better way to improve customer experience
Doing all the things we talked about will make fewer people leave your e-commerce. But what if we told you there’s something even better you can do?
We already said you should know about the newest ways to sell things online. This will make your store better to use and make sure you stay in the game.
Augmented Reality (AR) which allows your customers to see your products in their space, is one of the new ways. If you want to know more contact us!